In this Discovery Spotlight we share our favorite Creative streamers from Artist Alley at TwitchCon San Jose ('18). This is a very special edition because not only is it the first, we actually met all of these streamers and experienced their craft in-person. Enjoy!
Year after year, TwitchCon remains our favorite event. 2018 was no different. Here's our recap of how it all went down, and TONS of photos to prove we were actually there.
- As subscriber counts shatter records, Twitch may be facing a bot crisis
- TwitchCon 2018 dates and location unveiled
- OpTic shares insight into LCS player salaries
- Caffeine scores an early win with ESL
- ICYMI - what does "esports ready" actually mean for PUBG?
- Twitch unleashes tsunami proportions wave of updates
- Esports Industry Awards recap (spoiler: there were winners)
- Our thoughts on the EA/Disney/Battlefront 2 saga and the importance of intellectual property
- As usual, all content in the Roundup is free-to-play with no MTX, ever
- TwitchCon is over, but the big updates are just around the corner
- The 2018 NA LCS roster may just be on the books
- A quick rundown of our adventures at TwitchCon
- ...and heaps more just a short scroll away
- Blizzard fills Philly and Houston Overwatch League openings
- TwitchCon sponsors, activities, and exhibitors announced - PogChamp!
- PUBG wins at Steam, drops mic
The prospect of attending TwitchCon can be daunting for many. But don't fret! We've been there and we made it back. And so did about 39,999 other people. We asked a few to share their expert insight to help you prep for the most ass-kicking TwitchCon of your life...even if it's your first.
- TwitchCon 2017 schedule announced
- Riot's BAMTech implementation facing big delays
- Disney invests yet again in esports
- Q2 2017 shows encouraging streaming growth across platforms
- Riot in talks with EU LCS to alter league format
- H1Z1 returning to TwitchCon with huge prize pool
- New video game laws and new TV channels - compliments of China
- Beam unleashes a wave of new updates
- Twitch wants you on the content train
We take a look at the last three years of streaming on Twitch - from the steady growth of streamers and viewers, to the entry of competitors like YouTube Gaming and Beam.pro. In a relatively short amount of time, Twitch has seen remarkable growth, claiming the top spot among live streaming platforms. Along the way the platform and the community have evolved, entertaining and giving back in new and creative ways.
- eSports investment buying bonanza - NBA, Hollywood, China
- Scope of ESEA hack revealed
- TwitchCon 2017 date and location announced
- PEA CS:GO drama put to rest?
- Milwaukee Bucks make it official
- Nvidia brings top-end performance to anyone anywhere
There was a lot happening at TwitchCon in San Diego this year. But by far, one of the most exciting aspects at TC was all of the new games being showcased. To be fair, there was just no way to spend quality time with every game on display. So here’s the full rundown of what we’re hyped about at StreamKick. Enjoy responsibly.
By now you’ve most likely already heard/read/used many of the new features and enhancements Twitch CEO Emmett Shear announced during the TwitchCon keynote...As exciting as all of that is, at StreamKick we get amped by data. And Shear’s address included some really interesting stats we think the community might enjoy. After all, it is the community that’s driving this thing.
TwitchCon is a wrap, and we’re bummed. This was our first TC but now I can’t imagine it being our last. I personally went into the event not really knowing what to expect, but I was hoping to meet some interesting folks, learn a few things, and maybe grab a few pics of the people who’d been so kindly providing me with free entertainment over the past few years.